High-performing teams start with EQ
“The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.”
An outstanding team is not built around individual “superstars.” It’s made up of a diverse group of average people who share a common vision and purpose. When a company experiences the whole being greater than the sum of its parts, it’s working as a high-performing team.
A high-performing team has greater emotional intelligence (EQ) than traditionally measured intelligence (IQ). Research shows that EQ is more important than IQ when people need to work together toward common goals. The Enneagram is the most effective tool for increasing a person’s emotional intelligence.
The Enneagram helps team members:
- Become more empathetic
- Take things less personally
- Reduce and manage conflict
- Understand different communication styles
- Respond thoughtfully rather than react instinctively to situations and people
- Uncover their personal habituated patterns of relating to others
- Identify their strengths, challenges – and more importantly – their motivation behind their behaviors
- Communicate and connect better with people who have different communication styles, preferences and motivations
When you understand the motivations, issues and concerns of the nine Enneagram Types, it fosters cooperation, creativity, innovation and cross-sector collaboration. This creates a community of future-oriented leaders.
Change your team dynamics
Set up a half-day or full-day Collective Leadership workshop to help your team:
- Improve its EQ
- Work together more empathetically
- Unite around common vision and goals
Clients get the most from these workshops by holding them offsite, away from distractions, but you can design your own experience to suit your team. However you choose to customize the workshops, they’re designed to build upon each other to create deep, lasting changes. Just remember to schedule your workshop to allow time to Type everyone on the team.
Schedule a workshop today.